The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Construction Worker or Architect???

Samuel has recently gotten "over" me...well, not really, he ADORES me still (thank goodness!!!) However, as luck would have it, he has taken up playing by himself!!!  At first, I was startled by this new behavior...what would make Samuel want to play by himself?  I researched, read, and called my mom, mom friends, and almost anyone else who has kids to verify that yes, indeed, this behavior is both normal and wonderful!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE playing with Samuel!  LOVE IT!  It's all I've done for 2.5 years...but isn't also all I've done for 2.5 years!  So these small breaks of 20-30 minutes each day is AMAZING!  I can get so much done!  Laundry, cooking, reading, I even sit down on occassion!

Of course, I have had to set some rules for myself.  If Samuel is in his room playing, while I check on him A LOT, I don't go in and interupt.  I sometimes quietly observe what he's doing and make sure he is safe :0)

One of my favorite things though is to see what exactly Samuel gets into when left to his own accord!  I am always so surprised at how creative he is!!!  Last week I found him with his construction hat on, playing with a giant Tonka Truck and his play tools all over the floor!  He looked like he was having a blast!  I couldn't helpt but take a few pictures, which interupted his fun...but the mom in me needed these pictures!


I keep trying to decide if he is going to work construction or be an architect!

Cheesing it for the camera!  He keeps his eyes shut when he says CHEESE! 

1 comment:

  1. These are the moments I look forward to the most. Seeing kids use their imagination is one of the greatest things about having kids. I have a feeling that Samuel has an amazing imagination and would be a fun kid to spy on. Random thought, you might consider getting yourself a video monitor, if anything just to see the kind of fun he gets into without having to get up off the couch. Who knows though, maybe Cora will not force you to live on the couch the first five months like Samuel and Lydia did to us. Really though, you should get it to spy and adore his fun without having to interrupt play time. Ours even has a sd so you can record anything you think is adorable. Just my awesome unsolicited advice for you, feel free to discuss it at your next ua meeting.

    ReplyDelete