The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Day of Fun!!!

This past Friday, Samuel and I celebrated our last day as "Just the Two of Us."  With Cora's arrival definitely happening within a week, and Eric off work for 7-weeks starting at 4pm, I wanted to do something fun and special for Samuel!  Even if he didn't know why :0)

Unfortunately, I had an appointment in the morning that I couldn't cancel.  Once we got home though, we got right down to business!  I asked what he wanted to do: go to the pool, go outside, go to the mall, I was even willing to take him a move. 

However, a boy after his own momma's heart...Samuel decided he wanted a hot dog for lunch, followed by 2 ice cream sundaes (with syrup, sprinkles, and whipped topping), followed by a marathon of Curious George, followed by a nap!  It was 92 degrees outside, so this plan was PERFECT!  Why he turned a trip down to the pool, I'll never know...but I'm so thankful for the afternoon we did have!  I've enjoyed it just being the 2 of us for the past 2.5 years, but I am also looking forward to spending the days with both Samuel and Cora...too bad Eric still hasn't won the lottery so he could stay home all day and have fun with us!

Enjoying his 1st of TWO ice cream sundaes!




After our fun filled afternoon, we hit up a street fair in Westenport which Samuel thought was awesome!!!  Pictures to come of that!  Hopefully Samuel enjoyed his special day!

1 comment:

  1. I think that's sweet. I'll admit reading this made me tear up a little. It's an end of an era for you guys. I'm so excited though. I honestly can't wait to read about your experience of having two children.

    ReplyDelete