I cannot believe I am in the 3rd Trimester ALREADY! Where have the past few months gone?! However, I can honestly say that my worrying has decreased significantly, I'm much less scared than I was a month ago, and getting VERY excited by the pending arrival of the little lady!
I finally put on my weight and started "showing" (as you can tell by the pictures!). It happened overnight! One day I was wearing regular clothes, the next day I had a huge stomach! Cora, like her brother, must have random huge growth spurts all at once!
On a more disappointing side of things, our health insurance is changing on July 1st, so I was notified that the midwives are no longer covered by our insurance for labor, delivery, and prenatal care. I was very disappointed. I've been seeing them for more than 3 years! They delivered Samuel, helped me through my last miscarriage, and have seen me the past 27 weeks! We ended up transferring to someone local, Dr. Hawa. He is VERY nice and pleasant and informative. Great bedside manner too! However, I now see the difference between seeing a midwife and seeing a doctor. Doctors are much more technical, get right down to business (heart rate, charts, questions, concerns), while midwives tend to just be really laid back and will talk about anything. My last appointment with my midwife, she gave me a hug when she came in the room, asked if had a name picked out, and what our nursery was like. Dr. Hawa asked to see my C-Section scar so he knew what he was dealing with. It is like night and day! Oh well! I'm just trying to go with the flow! Everything happens for a reason! Plus, being closer to home means I'll be able to see Samuel more while in the hospital, that we will have more family nearby in case we need something, and that having Eric and my mom switching nights of staying with me will be less complicated. (Really, I'm trying to look on the bright side, it was hard at first!).
I also failed my 1 hour glucose test. I was so upset! I thankfully passed the 3 hour test with no problems! Grrrr! During week 26, I got a horrible case of Poison Ivy/Oak. I was miserable! It was on my eye, which swelled my right eye shut. I was born blind in my left eye, so it made for a VERY difficult time at home. Eric was having to drive me to see the doctor, the pharmacist, the opthomologist, and taking care of everything around the house. He is such a good guy! And Samuel was SUPER patient with me! He was fine just watching TV with me, playing with Play-Doh, and playing on his own! I was so proud of him...and miserable because I couldn't have fun too! He is going to be a great big brother!
So I've put on about 15 pounds total now! And only have 11 weeks to go before the little lady arrives! My friend Melissa passed on her daughters clothes to me, and it made me feel so much better having a little bit of pink ready for Cora! Last week a MOPS friend, Andrea, passed on her daughters clothes too! So Cora isn't going to be naked after all! She has a nice little wardrobe coming together! I even broke down and bought her a dress to come home in (of course, the irony here is that the dress I bought her is blue!!! I guess I'm just use to dressing a little boy!) I joke with everyone that if it turns out to be a boy, he's going to be the prettiest boy ever in these cute pink clothes!


Only 15lbs. I kinda hate you!!! You look great though in that shirt. How does it feel to finally look pregnant?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it to the 3rd trimester you're little Cora will be here before you know it. Lol you're gonna blink and then look up and see operating lights and think to yourself, "what the hey wasn't I just posting about poison ivy and being 28 weeks?