I cannot believe my baby boy is 2 1/2 today!!!! Time has flown by! There have been days where I wasn't sure I was going to survive another minute, yet, somehow, it's gone in a flash! I tried not to blink, but apparently I did...Samuel just seems so "grown up" to me! It's a bittersweet moment because I loved having a baby, but I also love the wonderful little boy that he has become!
Samuel is quite the sweet little guy. He loves to give hugs, kisses, waves, and saying good-bye! If given the opportunity, Samuel would lay on the couch all day long with me and cuddle!!! How sweet is that? While not a big talker, he can talk, and he has the sweetest voice! Sometimes he has this random sounding northern accent and other times he has a lovely southern accent! Guess that is what happens when you live in Maryland, but your mom and half the family is from Virginia! You say Bye like Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! It always cracks me up! His vocabulary is well over 200 words, and he surprises me with new words every day! Yesterday it was Yo Yo, today it was Angry Birds!
Samuel has also became quite the big helper, and will help out wherever and whenever he can! Whether it's walking me to the bathroom (yep!), to helping me carry stuff to the compost pile, to feeding the dogs, or unloading the dishwasher. Samuel loves to keep us company and help out however he can! Laundry is his favorite chore...though it primarily consists of him just throwing clothes (clean or dirty! he doesn't care!).
Samuel's a smart little guy too! He can count to 45, count backwards from 10, he knows tons of animals (with corresponding animal sounds), and can identify ten different shapes! We are still working on colors...right now everything is purple! Last month everything was blue, so I guess we are expanding our options!
Samuel also is ALL boy! Running, jumping, climbing, falling down. I will have a heart attack by the age of 32 at the rate we are going! However, he rarely cries when he falls down. He's a tough cookie with a sweet disposition!
We have also FINALLY seen improvements in the pinching/scratching/biting realm. I don't know what the change is, but we are all thankful for that! Though there is an occasional bite, it usually occurs when he gets overly tired. So we know what to look for and are prepared!
Samuel loves: Curious George, Strawberries, giving hugs and kisses, the dogs, playing with his kitchen set, cup cakes, cucumbers, chocolate milk, carrots, the Very Hungry Caterpillar, Brown Bear Brown Bear, Llama Llama Mad at Momma, McDonalds, play dough, coloring, playing outside, cows, throwing sticks and rocks, butterflies and caterpillars, and playing in the creek...and of course, his mommy and daddy!
Samuel hates: Being left on his own (like when I go to the bathroom!), Toy Story (all 3 of them!), peas, doctors offices, and having to conform and sit still at playgroups or story time!
Samuel still doesn't quite get that he's going to be a big brother soon, but he loves rubbing my stomach and will say baby or sissy when I ask what is inside! He's going to be a great big brother, and I'm sure show his sissy all the ropes!
So while I'm sad that the past 2 1/2 years have flown by, it's been great! I love the little guy more than life itself! Even on the hardest days, he brings so much joy to mine and Eric's life! I'm so thankful that I was chosen to be Samuel's momma!


No comments:
Post a Comment