The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Eric's New Wheels

I was SUPER proud of myself when I bought my first car.  I was 22, just starting out, and had the income of a social worker, but proudly bought my first car!  It was a pre-owned, 1995 Toyota Paseo.  A little white two door with a sun roof and 130,000.  It was perfect for me!  I drove that car EVERYWHERE!  In the snow, rain, home visits, and visits home. 

When I got pregnant with Samuel, Eric told me no more driving the Paseo.  It was too little, too close to the ground, and that tractor trailer drivers could barely see me.  So he handed me the keys to his SUV, and started driving the little car.  Poor Eric (don't worry, we also bought a truck along the way so Eric could get to work safely in the winter time!).  By this time the car had 200,000+ miles, it leaked oil, and the air conditioner stopped working 3 summers ago!  And Eric's is 6'4...so he could BARELY fit in there!  What a good guy!

 With the arrival of Samuel we realized we couldn't fit a car seat in the backseat and it wasn't the safest of all cars, so Eric continued to drive the Paseo while I enjoyed the good life in the SUV.  Over the past six months, Eric has been looking for a car to drive to work.  We have thought about buying a new car, then we looked on Craigslist, then in the newspaper, but we just couldn't find one that really suited Eric (and our budget since I'm still staying home with Samuel!). 

Then, as luck would have it, we were visiting our friends last week and Melissa mentioned that they were looking at a new mini-van for their family, so Eric said if they decided to sell their little car to let him know.  One week later, we were the proud owners of their adorable Toyota Corolla!  It's a huge step up for Eric!  Power windows, working air conditioner, automatic, more spacious, and 4-doors! 

We brought it home on Friday evening, Eric was out on Saturday morning WAY before I even got out of bed giving his new ride some TLC (new tires and rims and a wash/wax!)

Eric's loving it!

Thanks Melissa and Rob!  We love our new car! 



1 comment:

  1. I'm just happy that somebody else will love him as much as I did. Love it!

    ReplyDelete