The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, April 30, 2012

Phonics and Beyond!


Samuel and I have A LOT of fun together...maybe too much fun!  Every day is filled with walks, going to the creek, throwing sticks, coloring, Play Doh, trucks, dinosaurs, and anything else that Samuel wants to play!  So I realized now that Samuel has this type of attention span, and tells me what he is interested in doing that maybe I should do something more "educational." 

So I scoured blogs, websites, and Pinterest to find some simple, fun, and educational activities for 2-year olds.  After a lot of reading, I decided that Samuel needs to work on his alphabet.  I found a simple activity that wasn't expensive and easy to put together and understand.

You take slips of long paper, put the words that you want your child to work on..we did three words: Mom, Dad, and Samuel.  Then you make the letters you need on individual pieces of paper. Set your long slips out for your kiddo, and hand the letters to them one at a time, saying the letters, having them repeat the letter, and have them match up the letter on the slips of paper.  After three or four tries, Samuel got the hang of it...and LOVES this game!  We play it all the time!   His annunciation is improving and he thinks it's hilarious when he finishes a word!  Looks like I need to make more words and letters for him! And it doesn't hurt too much that his easiest word to spell is M-O-M :0)  OK, we might practice that one more...but it's something!



No comments:

Post a Comment