The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, April 30, 2012

Fort Building

Samuel has taken up entertaining himself!  It's been hard for me, because I have a tendency to get right there and play, but I've tried really hard to take a step back and see what happens!  I have been worried once the new baby arrives, Samuel will have more time to himself (while I nurse, change the baby, my sleep schedule will be off) and won't know what to do, so I thought if we started now it won't be such a shock to him! It's amazing though, Samuel (like most toddlers, I know) is quite self-sufficient and creative!

One of Samuel's favorite things to do is to build forts!  I don't really know where he came up with this idea, Eric says it's just a boy thing and that they are born with it, but it's super cute!  Samuel uses all the pillows and blankets from the couch and he builds his own little fort. 

I've tried a couple times to show him ways to make it more "fort" like (like using a chair and the blanket as a covering) but he just gets mad, so I let him be!  I'm also not allowed in the fort at this time, Eric says I need to "earn" my way in, so I've tried bribing with cookies, but he just takes the cookies and tells me No!  So while not the perfect fort, Samuel works hard on it and loves to play on his fort!  And I have to admit, I'm enjoying the few extra minutes of free time, though I usually just watch him and take pictures :0)





Samuel won't let me in the fort, but he lets the dinosaur in!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hmm.... Now I'm wondering what it takes to be allowed in the fort. Dinosaurs get in but mommy's without cookies don't. So if I dress up as a dinosaur and offer dino shaped crackers do you think I'd havea chance? Probably not huh? Sounds like he has the most exclusive club in Western Maryland

    ReplyDelete