The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Pictures 2012

Sometimes a brilliant idea just hits me!  I am almost awestruck in myself...then the reality sets in and I usually get a good laugh from myself (you have to make yourself laugh when you are a stay at home mom!!!)

Samuel LOATHES getting his picture made in a studio.  It's been almost 2 years since I've had a good picture from a studio because Samuel and I walk in the room and the crying, screaming, snotting, and burying his face in my neck begins.  Over the past year, we've been using a local photographer who does great outdoor work and Samuel really prefers it.  He can do his thing, she does hers.  He has fun, she takes pictures, momma is happy! 

However, by the time I realized that Easter was around the corner, our photographer was already booked.  I was really disappointed!  So then I had this brilliant idea that I would just take a few pictures of Samuel.  I figured the weather was warm enough to go outside, no need to dress him up in his Easter outfit, and I could just snap a few pictures to give to my parents and in-laws.  How could I go wrong?!  I even knew exactly where to take them...Barton Beach!  Samuel loves going to our creek!

So one afternoon, I dressed him in standard wear (jeans, long sleeve shirt, button down).  And off we went on an adventure.  I filled a bucket with rocks, sticks, and pine cones so he could throw them while I snapped away! 

Of course, once we arrived at the creek, Samuel remembered how much HE LOVES THE CREEK and immediately started throwing the rocks and sticks and pine cones.  He loved it so much that he wouldn't even look at me when I said his name...that boy was focused!  So, another failure on my part.  No beautiful outdoor Easter pictures at the creek.  No brilliant plan. BUT we did have a lot of fun that afternoon, one of our first creek outings of the year.  Samuel just had so much fun throwing, and climbing, and digging in the dirt.  I do admit that I did cringe a little because he wasn't wearing his outdoor play clothes, but then I remembered I still had some lovely Tide Stain Release in the laundry room, so I let him go at it!    And while I might not be as brilliant as I thought, it was a great afternoon for us!  And I did manage to still capture some of the beauty and cuteness I was able to enjoy! 










1 comment: