The time has finally come!!! Samuel is now at the age where he gets "excited" and "understands" holidays, traditions, and fun activities that comes with the terriority!!! I AM SO EXCITED! Ok, he doesn't have a full understanding, but he gets the general idea and repeats the word associated with the activity, good enough for me! This is the whole point of having kids...someone to share all the fun stuff with!
I've spent weeks reading Easter stories and books to Samuel. We've cut out paper Easter eggs, decorated doors, and I've hid our plastic Easter eggs at least a million times so Samuel got the basic words down: Eggs, bunny, Jesus, Cross, basket, hide.
I ended up finding a no-spill egg kit...it was a real lifesaver for us, and I highly recommend it for egg coloring with toddlers! We weren't sure if Samuel would really get into coloring Easter eggs, so we decided to only do one dozen (though, my mom bought 3 dozen just in case!) It turns out, Samuel loves coloring Easter eggs!
The coloring kit was great! It was a set of five cups that had a lid where you could put the egg in, but the coloring wouldn't spill out. And the drop for the egg was so shallow that it didn't cause any harm to the egg, so Samuel did all the coloring by himself (and my darling sister took over the job of taking the eggs out of the coloring!!! What a good aunt she is!)
Samuel kept asking to do more and more eggs! It was really sweet and funny! He loved how colorful they were and it was a great way to work on colors!
Purple eggs!
Trying to figure it all out!
Aunt Chris removing the eggs
Mommy and the Samster after the eggs were all finished!
It was a great way to spend the evening, and it brought back a lot of childhood memories of my Easters over the years! I'm so excited I am able to start doing the fun holiday traditions with Samuel!!!


That egg kit is neat. We need that for just Rob and I.
ReplyDelete