The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Day at the Park


A few weeks ago, several mom's decided to get together at the park for a play date! Too bad there are 2 parks only a few blocks from each other...DOH!  So half the mom's were at one, and some of us ended up at the other!  But that was OK with me, I had a great time catching up with my friend and fellow blogger Angela, as well as Heather!  Sometimes, things just work out, I laughed all morning! :0)

Before we headed out to the park, Samuel INSISTED on picking out what he wanted to wear.  This is the first time he's really done this...and it was HARD but I let him!  And I'm glad I did!  Letting go of little things is so hard sometimes!  So what did Samuel pick out???  We ended up with his red fireman boots, a Bob the Builder winter hat (it was like 70 degrees out!), and an old t-shirt.  He also insisted on carrying his pajama top almost morning!  It was great!

It was also one of the first times that Samuel has been able to play on his own on the playground equipment!  We went to this same playground last summer, and Samuel wasn't big enough or steady enough to handle a wobbly bridge or big slides, but it's amazing what 9 months can do!  He was a pro, and so proud of himself!  I was proud of him too!

Conquering the moving bridge! 


 

Big Boy slide!

On your Mark, Get Set, GO!




Trying the bridge out again!





We had a great morning, lots of laughter and plenty of smiles!  

1 comment:

  1. That outfit is rocking! He looks like a little trendsetter. I see too that after awhile he gave up his hat and pajama top. I'm sure I've said this before but I actually love seeing kids out and about that very obviously dressed themselves. My favorite to date was the little girl in her Care Bear costume at 9 at night in July (which in St. George is still dying hot) at the grocery store with her dad sporting the messiest pigtails that ever did exist. It was so sweet to see. Sometimes I prefer that over the perfectly manicured child. Will see though if I'm able to give into Lydia's clothing choices when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete