The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Easter!


I'm a little behind in my posts, but I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!  Our Easter trip to Virginia to see my family was great, but went to fast (of course!)!  The only major problem we had was that Samuel has a hard time adjusting to new places, and didn't sleep great.  He would wake up in the middle of the night with a night terror around 1am, we would try to console him back to sleep.  After screaming for a half hour or so, he would finally realize he was OK (and most of the household knew at this point that he was fine too...my sister even had a noise maker, she said she just turned up the volume during the screaming!!!)  However, it would take Samuel awhile to fall back to sleep...so we often had days that started at 3 or 4am!  After four nights of this, Eric and I were exhausted!!!  And once we returned to Maryland, he slept just fine!  Oh, that kid! 

Easter was no exception!  Samuel woke up for the day around 3:30!  Trying to allow the rest of the household to sleep, Samuel, Eric and I started the day and we begged him to return to sleep...which he did around 7:30!!!!!!  I decided it was in the best interest of everyone to let him sleep, and Eric volunteered to stay with him so we could go to church as a family!

Once we got home, we started the Easter festivities!  Samuel got a special Easter basket from Grandpa and Granny B, and so did the little lady!  She got her very own sweet pajamas for winter!

Samuel was VERY impressed with the Easter basket...especially since it included a kids rake and a baseball bat in the shape of a carrot!  He LOVED both of them!!!






I need to go ahead and confess that I went a little overboard this year for Easter.  While we don't go all out for candy (he only got some peeps and a few packs of M&Ms), the dollar spot at Target was my friend this year and I was able to rack up quite a few items that I knew Samuel would just love!  I also found a great Easter Bunny Mr. Potato Head and pajamas that he needed!



Checking out his stash from the Easter Bunny!





We had a great family lunch with my grandparents, my parents, my sister and her husband, and the three of us!  It was super YUMMY!!!!!!!  It was so good that I ate 2 plates (and hence how I gained 5 pounds in a month!!!)  At least I have the excuse that I'm pregnant and eating for 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment