Ah, mid-week and it finally warmed up! So the first thing we did with this lovely warm weather was...
HIT THE BEACH!!!
Samuel loved taking really, really, really long walks down the beach!!! It was loads of fun! We found sea shells, and somehow he found really beautiful shells...like all in one piece, no breaks in them! It was impressive! He had quite the collection!
Of course, once we got about 10-12 blocks away from our towel, he wanted to be carried back!
I'm going to go ahead and warn you about how CUTE the following pictures are! I know this whole blog is basically to brag about Samuel...but looking through the beach pictures I can already feel me oozing with how cute Samuel was at the beach!!!
First off, it is known that little girl clothes are just super cute! There are so many options and styles! You go into any store and there are tons of girls clothes, and you walk over to the boy section and there are three pieces left...if you are lucky!
BUT! When it comes to little boys swim suits...well, I just can't get enough! Girls swimsuits are suppose to be cute! You expect the ruffles and the cute matching flip flops...so I worked hard to find the CUTEST swim set for Samuel! I looked everywhere, all summer long to find THE swim suit for Samuel...and I am proud to say I succeeded!
Allow to me introduce our little:
SAM SHARK!
That's right! Samuel is wearing a super cute swim set with sharks on his trunks and a rash guard WITH a dorsal fin on top and shark teeth around the head!!! Could it be any cuter??? I don't think so! AND!!!!!! I got the entire set for $10 at Crazy 8! My most favorite place to shop for Samuel!!! I wish I they would have had a set for him for every year until he turned 18! I would have stocked up! But, they didn't...I got the last size they had available: 18-24 months! It was meant to be!
We got a ton of compliments on his outfit though! Everyone on the board walk would point at it and a few ladies even called out to tell us he was the cutest shark ever!
Of course, looking at this picture you wouldn't know anyone was even at the beach!!! We had the whole beach to ourselves!
After running up and down Virginia Beach for an entire morning, we made our way back to the towel and got down to business! Time to build sand castles!!!
Samuel loved the sand! We built all sorts of castles and road ways for his truck. We have a small sand box here in Maryland for him that he adores, so you can only imagine how big of a hit the beach was for Sam Shark!
This is our hotel...on the left side!
Even though having a toddler is a lot of work, Eric is a great partner in parenting! He insisted I relax and enjoy myself, and took over sand castle building so I could finish up a book I was reading! But I couldn't resist a few pictures!!! There is just something about father and son pictures that I love!
Of course, Sam Shark loved Mommy time too! So off we went on another adventure for seashells and wave jumping!
After lunch...and a nap! We returned to the beach for another afternoon of running around the beach! This time though we chased seagulls, collected more shells, and smashed more sand castles! Samuel also met a little girl on the beach who was a few months older than him. They had a lot of fun playing together...I wasn't able to catch any pictures of the two of them, but was sweet watching the two of them babble and chase the water!
Prepare yourself for more cuteness!
I love HATS for Samuel! Little boy hats are just so cute!!! This one is a favorite of mine...and it's a size 5T! Yep, he has a big head...hence the C-Section I had!
These two were best buddies all week! And great company for the beach!
Here's Samuel telling Eric which way he wanted to go! GO! GO! GO! He can say now!
For dinner we had crab legs!!! YUMMY! Well, Eric and I had crab legs...Samuel had meat baby food and french fries...his favorite! Then we had ice cream for dessert!
Eric went out and picked up dinner for us, so Samuel and I colored Dora print outs I brought from home! He loves art!
Samuel chilling with Eric!
Samuel getting ready for bed! We said good night to the moon, good night to the ocean, good night to the sea gulls, and good night to mommy and daddy...don't worry, he has a diaper on :0) He just decided he didn't want to wear pants!


No comments:
Post a Comment