The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, October 10, 2011

Toy Swap

I know I talk about my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group a lot...but that's because I love it!  Our group is really laid back, loads of fun, and some of the best people you'll ever meet! 

We are always doing fun and creative activities and crafts with our groups!  Last year we did photo coasters...that has been my most favorite craft ever!  We also hold a toy and clothes swap each year!  It's a great way to clean out the toy box and closets before the holidays!  Whatever another mom doesn't take goes to the church clothes closet and the toys go into the nursery or another classroom!  It works out great for everyone!

I always feel bad because I don't contribute as much in the toy swap as other mom's. This year I brought in a couple of hefty bag of clothes, but a small bag of toys.  But, as usual, no one cared!!!  Everyone is just so happy to be cleaning out junk and getting their kids gently used toys...it saves all of us a ton of money!!!

Samuel had a good haul this year.  We ended up with 5 pairs of pants, a pair of pajama's, and several shirts for next year (unless he hits ANOTHER growth spurt, then I might need them a lot sooner!).  His favorite is a Diego shirt (of course!).

He also had a good haul in the toy department!  His favorites were a bunch of matchbox cars (I think he ended up with 12), a helicopter that lights up, a fire truck, a Diego jeep, and an ambulance.  He also likes the Chuck the Truck we got, except when I turn it on, then he doesn't like it at all!!!  After some peer pressure, I ended up with a giant car track...it's huge!  Samuel loves it, of course...the things you can get suckered into!!

However, the most favorite toy that Samuel got...that even outweighs and out plays the fire truck and the Diego jeep is the Dora Doll House.  Yes, you read that right.  We got a doll house at the toy swap.  Samuel saw one awhile back at friends house and adored it...but I just wasn't going to buy him a doll house!  But my dear friend Angela brought two houses to the toy swap, Kalen took one for her daughter...I took the louder one for Samuel.  And boy, is it loud and I hear it all the time!!!  

As soon as Samuel wakes up, it's time to play with the house!  It expands both outward and upward.  There are all sorts of things you can push that makes noises.  Which is why it's such a hit!  Samuel loves to push buttons, and anything with Dora and buttons is a hit!!!  And even though it is loud and big, I really don't mind it too much.   My Spanish is improving greatly thanks to the bilingual house...vamanos!

Playing with his new Dora Dollhouse!


No comments:

Post a Comment