Halloween is one of my most favorite holiday's! I've always loved it! The decorations, the traditions, the candy! It's all great!!! So of course, I am excited to share the experience with Samuel! That's what kids are for...to live vicariously through them!!!
As I did last year, I started searching for the PERFECT costume in July...for real! Last year Samuel was a sock monkey, and I knew I couldn't top that since I loved that costume so much, but I gave it a try anyway. I spent tons of time looking at costumes online, putting them in my cart and taking them back out, and I even went as far as thinking about making Samuel a costume by hand (of course, the reality that I can't sew very well did dampen my spirits slightly).
So finally I decided for a THEME Halloween...where Samuel, Eric and I would wear matching costumes! I chose the Wizard of Oz! I'd be Dorothy, Eric a Tin Man, and Samuel the Scare Crow. I was a little worried about getting Eric on board for this one since he didn't grow up participating in Halloween, and wasn't sure how he would feel about wrapping himself in silver foil or a funnel on his head...but as it turned out, it wasn't him that I had to convince!
Samuel HATES his costume!!! He didn't want to be a scarecrow. He didn't want to dress up. I've begged, pleaded, and even bribed the boy with candy to just wear the costume long enough so I could snap a quick picture. He was having none of it! Two years in a row now this boy has crushed my Halloween dream!!!
Oh well! Even angry, he is the cutest scarecrow I've ever seen!!! And I loved the costume! I found it at a yard sale! And while not as a fantastic as the sock monkey, it was still darn cute! I thought about saving it for next year, but we are already pushing it size wise (it's a 2T/3T) but the hat barely fits on his head.
I still have one more chance to convince him to wear this...on Halloween!!! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for happy scarecrow! I'm not even trying to push it with Eric and I dressing up...just getting him in the costume and smiling is the goal!!!
I had hoped to dress Samuel up for our MOPS Halloween celebration...but since he went into full meltdown mode, we opted for wearing other Halloween attire. My witches hat with feathers and a skeleton shirt for Samuel! Samuel loves my witches hat! So, if nothing else, I at least got a few smiles out of him this Halloween! And I just know next year he will LOVE Halloween!


That is too funny I did the same thing with Lydia's costume. Looked online for hours on end went to countless stores, the whole bit. Our poor kids are just gonna have to deal with our Halloween love.
ReplyDeleteBTW he does look like the cutest ticked off scarecrow I've ever seen! The Skeleton outfit suits him well too though.