The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Friday, October 28, 2011

Mail Call

Samuel gets more mail than me...and he loves mail!!! 

OK, he doesn't really get more mail than me...between bills and junk mail we get plenty of mail!  But Samuel gets more FUN mail than me for sure!

This week he received two Halloween cards from his Aunts and Uncles!  They are cherished and prominently displayed in his toy area!  He loves to look at his mail!

And last week he received his very own package!!!!  I think it's his first one!  I let him play with packages when we get something...but this one was specifically to Samuel with gifts only for Samuel inside! He was SO excited!!!  It was a Halloween package from Granny B and Grandpa from Virginia!!!

For about an hour let him carry the box around, climb on it, look at it, and we finally opened it up...
and he just looked at it!!!

He didn't take anything out for the longest time!!!  We weren't going to press him either, so we just let the package sit...for three days!!  Over the course of three days Samuel would take a trip over to the package pull one or two things out, and then occupy himself with those items for the day!  I guess he was savoring his own gifts!!!

The first night he selected the card, bubble wrap that was inside, and a bag of banana chips!!!





The following day he selected the Halloween plates and napkins and Halloween window clings!  He looked and held onto those paper plates all afternoon!!!  He was fascinated by them!





And the last day he pulled out the Curious George Cd's that were sent!  Which he LOVES!  Samuel is just too funny!!!  I love his patience!!! Thanks Grandpa and Granny B for the package!!!  It was well loved!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is some patience. I'm in awe at his ability to wait 3 days. Mostly though I love that you guys just let Samuel be Samuel and didn't push him. You are an amazing example for me and my husband.

    ReplyDelete