The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beach Life Day #3

It's Monday!  Now typically Monday isn't our favorite day of the week.  After a nice weekend, Eric has to go back to work :0(  And we miss Eric while he's gone.  Samuel and I still have loads of fun...but is just isn't the same!

However, Monday on vacation was WAY fun!!!

We started on Monday early!!!  Samuel got up and decided to veg on the couch with Eric for a couple hours in the morning.  They ate cereal, watched some tv AND MOMMY SLEPT!!! 

Sleeping isn't something I get to do a lot...but boy did I sleep a lot while we were at the beach!  Oh the feeling of being well rested!

Here's a cute picture of Samuel living the "hard life" on Monday morning.  I just came out to give him his blanket and thought he was awfully cute hanging out on the couch!!!


I finally woke up!  I think I slept until 8:30!  We had some breakfast and hit the boardwalk!  Unfortunately it was another COLDER day...so we didn't even attempt the beach!  We just took a nice long walk!  The vendors from the Neptune Festival had left, as had the tourist, so things were very quiet and relaxing!!

Here are the boys look at the ocean!


Before I became a mom, I use to ponder the use of the backpack leash.  In some ways it seems mean to leash your child!  Eric and I went back and forth on whether to buy one or not.  Samuel isn't a dog, he's a kid!  But we picked one up anyway...just incase...and boy are we happy with that $10 investment!!!

For those of you who don't know Samuel well, he is very high energy!  He has some awesome spunk and a great personality, and a great interest in just about anything: rocks, birds, animals, cracks in the ground, you name it, he likes it!  He also loves to explore!!!  He will just go go go!  Here in the mountains it's fine to do that.  I can keep up with him, and there aren't many people around.

Virginia Beach was different, and he didn't have a good grasp on that.  He had an intense interest in Atlantic Avenue and constantly wanted to go see all the traffic driving by! While he never attempted to go in the road, he was just drawn to it!  HEART ATTACK for mommy!  So we pulled out the leash (we selected a monkey one).  We referred to it as a "monkey on your back" and gave it awhirl!

At first Samuel wasn't overly thrilled by the monkey on his back.  Then he forgot it was there because we were able to stop saying, No Samuel, come this way.  Instead we just let him go and if he started getting off course we could just adjust the leash and get him to go a different direction!  Plus, the monkey was SUPER cute!  We got a lot of compliments on it!


There were a lot of dogs on the boardwalk.  Samuel took this opportunity to pretend to be one...daily!


After our walk, we decided a morning of swimming at the pool would be fun!

Here's the little guy in his super cute hawaiian swim trunks!  He loved the windowsill!  It made a great place to play cars...and it looked right into our bedroom!



After our first day in the pool, Samuel showed no hesitation in getting in!  He even would jump off the side to Eric, over and over and over again!


Samuel was a natural in the water!  He was ready to learn how to swim!  Here is his first swim lesson!  Eric got soaked!





I found the pool toys and Samuel LOVED the water noodles!!!







After another long and hard day of walking and swimming and eating pizza, Samuel was exhausted!  He made his way to the big comfy bed and was ready for a round of Baby Einstein transportation!  You can tell by the picture how hard things were: big comfy bed, snacks, and milk!



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally got to rest at the beach. That's what vacations are for right?
    I think the monkey leash is adorable and fully plan on getting Lydia one as soon as she starts walking. In the past whenever I saw parents using them I always thought to myself, smart parent.
    I'm so glad you guys had a good vacation. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Made me excited for next yearish when we can do the same with our little one.

    ReplyDelete