The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Daddy's Shoes

I'm going to go ahead and take the blame for this one...but Samuel LOVES shoes! 

I blame this on the fact that I, perhaps, have a few pairs of shoes too many, and by producing an offspring it allows me to shoe shop twice the amount!  We shoe shop a lot! For a little boy, Samuel has a lot of shoes...but I can justify it by pointing out that little boys shoes are so cute!!!  Little boy hiking boots are so great!  And little boy New Balance shoes are adorable!  And don't even get me started on the great shoe sale Crazy 8 had a few months back!!

Unfortunately for me though, Samuel hates to wear his own shoes!!!  After playing outside all summer in sandals, Samuel hates to put on socks and forget shoes!  It's a fight every single time!  Even if we are going somewhere he loves, we have the shoe fight every time.  I always win (of course!), but it causes me great disappointment!  Wear the cute shoes buddy!!!  He's most tolerable of his Crazy 8 Rock and Roll slip on shoes...so they are our new staple for winter!

Samuel does love Eric's shoes though!!!  His fascination with the giant shoes (they look like boats when Samuel carries them!) started about a month ago, and hasn't stopped!  He loves to carry the shoes around, untie the laces, drag them through the house, put them on, and stomp through the house with them!  It's really cute to watch, and I always know when he's coming because you can hear the stomp slide slide, stomp slide slide.  Eric's shoes are still a little bit big for him...but Samuel is getting there!  In January of this year Samuel was a size 4, and now he is a size 7!  His feet are huge!

His favorite of all of Eric's shoes!



Trying Eric's sandals on while we were at the beach!


 They almost fit :0)

1 comment:

  1. He looks so cute in those big shoes. I'm kinda curious to know how often Eric can't find his shoes after Samuel has gotten a hold of them.

    ReplyDelete