The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

I LOVE carving pumpkins!!!  It's one of my favorite Halloween traditions!!!  I have been looking forward to carving pumpkins with Samuel, so last Sunday afternoon we spent some family time carving our jack-o-lantern!!

Samuel was a bit hesitant at first to get down and dirty!  After some prompting though, he helped me get the gunk and seeds out!  He loved it!!!






We decided on a happy pumpkin this year so that Samuel wouldn't be frightened by him!  Eric took care of the carving while I cleaned up the gunk from the floor, from me, from Samuel, from the walls...well, you get the idea...pumpkins and toddlers can be a very messy pair!

Here's Jack!


The Master Carver!



Samuel loved the jack-o-lantern!  We put some LED candles inside so he could play with the pumpkin for awhile before we put him outside!







Now, every time we go past the pumpkin Samuel LOVES to look at it and play with it!  It is so cute!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good lookin pumpkin. I'll admit I'm jealous. We decided to skip carving this year. Sadly it seems like a lot of our traditions will have to go by the wayside this year, but next year Look Out!

    ReplyDelete