The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Dreaded Scales!

Any mother dreads the day that she finds the scale deep in the bathroom closet.  Why we do this is beyond me, but I did it (like every other mom does in secret).  We dig it out, dust it off, and take a look at the results...*sigh*.  I have 2 pounds to go before I am back to pre-Samuel weight! 

The day I delivered Samuel I weighed in at 148 pounds!!!!!!!  I was HUGE!!!  All belly!!!  My maternity shirts weren't even coming close to fitting those last few weeks!  Samuel was big at birth (almost 8lbs!!).  By the time I got home from the hospital, I had already lost 25 pounds!  And thanks to breastfeeding, a healthy diet, and some exercise (hello, chasing a toddler around is enough to burn a ton of calories), I have lost 36 pounds total.  But those last two pounds are going to kill me!!!

Samuel, though, loves the scale! He was fascinated by it! Standing on it, stepping off it, stepping back on, squatting, he just loved to watch the scale move back and forth! From what I could tell, he was close to 27 pounds...thought it was hard to gauge with a very active toddler using our scaled as a trampoline!!!



Wanting private time with the scale...he can't be too embarrassed by his weight!




No comments:

Post a Comment