The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vroom Vroom!

Samuel is now 20-months old, and really showing the characteristics of being ALL boy!  Between the dirt and the bruises and endless energy, I never know what will come next.  But a few weeks ago, I found some matchbox cars that my dear friend Chrissy gave Samuel with Dora and Diego on them.  Samuel loved them immediately. Of course, I thought he loved them because of Dora and Diego, but alas, I was wrong (as usual here recently).  He loved the matchbox cars because they are pretty awesome!

Those little cars will go anywhere, do anything, and make all sorts of great noises!  I thought 20-months old was a bit young for creativity and imagination...but, it's not!  Samuel LOVES to make the vroom vroom vroom noise when his car goes and an eeek sound when it crashes into something!  The cars go up the walls, on my leg, on the desk, and even into the DVD player! 



In the past few weeks, we have uncovered 20 cars from Eric's old collection!  Samuel is never empty handed now, and ALWAYS has a car in his hand or pocket to play with!  He even falls asleep in the car with one in his hand...it is so cute!  And he isn't alone, Eric was pretty happy too to find his old cars!  Now when I'm doing the dishes in the evening I can hear all sorts of car racing, stunts, and accidents going on in my living room! I'm so proud to have such a creative little munchkin! 

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I bet he would love the extra pieces they sell to the HotWheels sets. They are orange tracks (about $2 or something) and my boys connect them together and make "ramps" off of the couches. They could do that for HOURS.

    ReplyDelete