My baby brother got married last month!!! It was such an amazing, beautiful, and exciting day for everyone!!! It was also a nervous day for me...because Samuel was given the honor to be a ring bearer!!!
Now, you would think as much as I plan, ponder, and plan some more that I would have felt more prepared when it came time for the rehearsal practice...but as a mother of a one year old, well, you are never ever prepared!
Dinner was uneventful. Samuel spent the time running around, making his grandparents, aunt, dad, uncle, great-uncles, and great-grandmother watch him do all sorts of tricks while I served drinks! He may or may not have eaten a few bites of dinner in all the fun!
By the time the wedding rehearsal started, Samuel was done. He didn't really want to cooperate, instead he wanted to RUN! And it didn't help that we were at the end of the aisle, and on the steps already in place were Eric, Uncle Ricky, Uncle Isaac, and my dad...some of Samuel's most favorite people. All he wanted to do was run down the aisle and climb up the steps to them! And have I mentioned Samuel's fascination with steps?!
By the end of the rehearsal, I was nervous. I spent the night visualizing the meltdowns, how Samuel was going to climb the steps and fall down, the screams that would ensue when I would have to drag him down in the middle of the ceremony. Plus, my mom bought a strapless dress for me and I had a great pair of heels I wanted to wear. It was spelling disastrous!
But the rehearsal was fun anyway, even with an uncooperative ring bearer. The other ring bearer was 5 months old, and was much more cooperative for his mommy. And please note, Samuel never had actual possession of any type of ring :0) But he sure was one cute ring bearer. Wedding pics to come soon!
Our little family!
Rehearsal practice!
Samuel's great-grandmother, grandpa, and two great-uncles!
MOMMY!!!! No more being a ring bearer...let's play!!!


When I was a flower girl (about his age too) I ran down and back and then when it was time for me to actually walk down the aisle I cried, hide, and had to be walked down. : )
ReplyDelete