The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Arts and Crafts

After years of denial, I will go ahead and admit that I am not an Arts and Crafts type of person.  I love them...I do!  But somehow I seem to lack the creativity to come up with crafty ideas on my own!  I'm thankful I'm not the creative arts director at MOPS, I'm thankful that I have a brother-in-law and sister-in-law who are art teachers and will spend Samuel's formative years doing papier-mache with him to spare me the agony, and thank goodness for the Internet and craft blogs so I can use other people's creative ideas!

So instead, Samuel gets creative activities through good old fashion coloring books, markers, and shaving cream.  And thankfully, he doesn't seem to care that I'm not great at art.  Though (prepare yourself for a bragging moment), when I was in kindergarten, my drawing of the Easter Bunny did win first place and was displayed at the local mall during Easter.  Maybe Samuel isn't doomed after all...if I can draw an award winning bunny when I was six, the possibilities are endless!





Of course, after reviewing these pictures, Samuel doesn't seem too impressed with arts and crafts time anyway!  Maybe I am in luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment