The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fun times at the Library!

Samuel and I have been going to the library since he was just a little baby.  I think he was just four months old when we went for the first time!  Samuel loves the library!  Everything about it: the books, the toys, the flannel boards, the toys, and of course, the librarians!!!

We took a small hiatus during the month of May because we would arrive at the library and for an hour Samuel would just run around like crazy!!!!  So after a month off, we've returned to a MUCH calmer Samuel at the library!  Thank goodness!!!

Samuel still insists on holding two Dora DVDs the entire time we are at the library (I have no idea why, but he likes to have a Dora DVD in each hand the entire time we are there!!!).  But now he is much more willing to sit, listen, and participate!!!  We still have the occasional library chase, but it's a HUGE improvement!  Last week Samuel even "made" the craft!!! 



I'm so thankful Samuel enjoys the library and books!  We are participating in the summer reading program and after 3 days we've already read 15 books!!  He loves his books!  These are just a few pictures from our library adventures...YES, the librarians VOLUNTARILY give the children musical instruments AND encourages them to play them!  There are no other librarians out there like Nancy and Sherry!  They are so terrific!!!

2 comments: