The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a MESS!

I try to take some time each week to research educational activities for toddlers.  Since Samuel isn't a big talker, I do most of the talking...but I want to make sure he learns in other ways, so I found this GREAT website for sensory activities!


I'm going to try to do a couple a month!

Samuel really enjoyed our first activity from the sensory ideas.  I pulled out a can of shaving cream that we had (THANKS ERIC!).  Put Samuel in his high chair.  Squirted some on the tray.  And well, what happened next was a mess of epic proportions!!!  We actually used shaving gel, and it looks like a small amount when it's coming out...but it foams up really big, really fast!

Samuel LOVED it though.  Toddlers attention spans aren't the longest as it is, but this kept Samuel entertained for a half hour...and boy was it fun!  Samuel rubbed the shaving cream, slapped it, clapped his hands together, showed me his hands, and even tried giving me a hug to thank me for such a fun time!  It was so awesome to watch him explore...and so nice to have a half hour to get dinner prepared and the dishes washed! 

Messy? Yes.  Did it take me awhile to clean up? Definitely.  Will we do it again?  NO DOUBT!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I loved doing this in grade school! Careful with your wood tray and shaving cream, though. It can ruin the finish.

    ReplyDelete