During my last trip to Virginia, I "raided" the attic at my parents house for some of my old toys for Samuel. There wasn't much left from my early childhood, but we did come across my old record player that was a gift from my Aunt Barbara for my 1st birthday (this is questionable whether it was a birthday gift or a Christmas gift and for what year, I know my mom told me but now I can't remember).
Anyway, I remember playing with the record player as a child. I was pleasantly surprised to find all the pieces to it still intact AND that it actually still works!!! I checked the bottom of it, Made in the USA! So after surviving me, my sister, and brother playing with it and 20+ years of sitting in the attic, the little record player still plays Camp town Races and London Bridge. The sweet little music brings back a lot of memories.
Samuel hasn't gotten the full idea of how to use it since it's a wind-up toy, but he loves to change the records and dance to the little music! What a great piece of memorabilia! I'm so glad that Samuel has a little piece of my childhood!
I love all these pictures of Samuel! I think he might have a future as a DJ!
Anyway, I remember playing with the record player as a child. I was pleasantly surprised to find all the pieces to it still intact AND that it actually still works!!! I checked the bottom of it, Made in the USA! So after surviving me, my sister, and brother playing with it and 20+ years of sitting in the attic, the little record player still plays Camp town Races and London Bridge. The sweet little music brings back a lot of memories.
Samuel hasn't gotten the full idea of how to use it since it's a wind-up toy, but he loves to change the records and dance to the little music! What a great piece of memorabilia! I'm so glad that Samuel has a little piece of my childhood!
I love all these pictures of Samuel! I think he might have a future as a DJ!


No comments:
Post a Comment