The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, June 2, 2011

One of Samuel's Explorations

Samuel LOVES to explore. He is quite the adventurer and no adventure is too big, too far, or too much fun!!! However, one of his favorite adventures is to "visit" the house over the hill from our house. It belonged to Samuel's great-great-great grandparents! Even though it's falling in and has quite a bit of debris left in it's yard, Samuel finds it fascinating! So we make our way to see the house at least once a day, if not more! Eric mows the path for us every week. There is also an old bridge that Samuel loves to stand on and throw leaves through the cracks! The dogs love to come on the explorations with Samuel...they always end up in the creek, much to Samuel's delight!!!


Samuel loves to pick the buttercups that surround the house as well. At first I thought I just had the sweetest child!!! Samuel would pick them, smell them, and then hand them to me one at a time...not just a few flowers either, I'm talking TONS and TONS. We spend at least 20 minutes every day picking flowers, and I was thinking in the back of my mind at how sweet it was that Samuel would pick flowers and give them to me! Oh, how I was going to rub it in to all my friends and write a nice long post about how sweet Samuel is...until we made it to the bridge and he THREW all the flowers into the creek! Now, we pick flowers daily, I hold them until he's ready to throw them off the bridge! Yep, Mommy and flower holder! Oh well, we have fun and it brings us both a lot of smiles and giggles to throw the buttercups off the bridge!


















No comments:

Post a Comment