The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Trip To Virginia!


Since I'm hugely pregnant right now, our summer vacations have been pretty limited!  But you're never too pregnant to go home!  So one Thursday morning, we loaded the car up and headed down to Virginia!

I was a little apprehensive since Samuel didn't sleep very well last time we were there (I believe I still refer to it as the 5-night Up All Night Slumber Party!).  But, Samuel arrived in Virginia and it was just like he belonged there!  He started pulling dishes out of cabinets, playing with toys, looking for chickens, and climbing the stairs!

My dad found a great electric keyboard (that I insisted needed to stay in Virginia!!!).  Samuel (and dad!) had a blast playing with it!




One of the best parts of our trip was that my brother was in town too!!!!  I haven't seen him and Mandy since mom's surgery in December, and I missed them (don't tell them that!) So our visit was long overdue!  Mandy couldn't stay, she was in a wedding that weekend in Northern Virginia, but Ricky hung out with us and it was so great!  He recently started his Master's Degree at the University of South Carolina/Citadel so he is so busy between work and school!  He had several papers due while we were there, and TONS of reading, but he made plenty of time to hang out with his favorite little nephew!  He even got him an Angry Birds coloring book (that's what Uncles are for!) and he and Mandy got him an awesome Dinosaur sandwich maker!!!

Here's Uncle Ricky and Samuel hard at work!


It was hot while we were in Virginia!  However, mom and dad's big pool was way too cold to get in (I kept thinking, if I have to get in here, it'll be pre-term labor for me!).  So we pulled out the little kiddie pool!  Samuel was so excited that as soon as dad put he water in, Samuel jumped in!  No swim trunks, just his normal outfit!!!

Brrrrr, Cold!


Really getting into it now!



 Loved it!


Having so much fun!



Another fun thing about Granny B's and Grandpa's house is the chickens!  Mom and dad have 6 free range chickens!  Samuel thought they were pretty neat!  My dad would pick one up for Samuel, and he LOVED it!




Dad with his two "chicks"


Ricky brought to Virginia his "Charleston" style....including a pair of fashion glasses.  Since I've worn glasses since I was a baby, I had no interest in them or really understood the purpose, but the men of the family all have great eyes, so they enjoyed being "fashionable!"

Samuel also learned about Watermelon!!!  He loves it!  On Sunday afternoon he had at least 5 pieces!




Samuel and Aunt Mandy put on a few dancing shows for us too!  It was quite entertaining and enjoyable!




The morning of our departure, Samuel was sad to go.  I found him hanging out on the steps!  I don't think he'd ever admit it, but he likes visiting Virginia!


And after 2.5 years of hard work on Granny B's behalf, Samuel and Granny B are BFFs now! He gave hugs out freely to say good-bye!




How Samuel truly felt about having to leave Virginia!


It was a great trip!  It went too fast (as usual), but I was happy to see my parents, Ricky and Mandy, and grandparents!  Samuel enjoyed the change of scenery!  My parents even watched Samuel for a morning so Ricky, Eric, and I could go out to yard sales where I stocked up on some baby clothes!  I love Virginia and WV yard sales!  They are so reasonable!  The little lady got quite the selection while we were in Virginia!

1 comment:

  1. That last picture is way too cute, in a sad way of course. I also love your mom's backyard, so beautiful! I however do not like their chickens, I would say it's nothing personal but we all know that it is, me and chickens: not friends. I'm sorry Samuel that you're mom decided to subject you to that kind of torture. Come to my house and I'll help you overcome the emotion scars that those chickens have given you.

    ReplyDelete