The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pregnancy Week 29 and 30

It's starting to happen...people are now asking me if:

1. When I'm due, and when I respond August, they say, oh, I thought you were due today.

2. Are you having twins?

Don't worry, I haven't slapped anyone...yet!

So, I'm starting to show apparently...OK, who am I kidding, I'm huge!  I have no idea how and when this happened to me, but it did!  My size small maternity shirts really aren't fitting, and my mediums are pushing it...and I still have 7.5 weeks to go!!!!!!!  I'm going to be the size of a house!  However, do allow me to point out that I have gained LESS than 20 pounds at this point!  It's apparently just all baby!  Also, on a sad note *tear* I got my first stretch mark...ever!  My mother pointed it out to me, Thanks Mom!

On the super exciting side, we have set a C-Section date of August 9th!  I think part of me will miss being pregnant...I always love it!  And this is super selfish of me, but for now, it's just me and her.  Sure, the chaos around her is going on, Samuel's super active and happy, Eric's doing great, but Cora and I have our moments...only I know she's kicking, moving, and sleeping or awake!  However, the bigger part of me is looking forward to meeting this amazing little person!  We are wondering if she'll look like Samuel.  Or maybe she'll have hair!  Or maybe she'll look like me (not holding my breathe on that one since the Raines genes are very dominant!!!). 

We are really liking our new doctor!  He is so nice and supportive and answers all of our questions!  At our last appointment he let Eric use the Doppler and find the heartbeat himself.  Dr. Hawa even said as long and both me and the baby are healthy, he'll spring us out of the hospital in 48 hours!  I was floored!  48 hours after a C-Section!  How great is that!  (Just FYI, I really don't like hospitals...we found it exhausting with all the interruptions when we had Samuel, someone always taking temperatures, bringing food, taking blood, ugh! and then of course, when my mom was in the hospital...so in general, I don't love hospitals!).  I also found out the mystery as to why I appear to look so HUGE!  And those of you out there who have had C-Sections, pay attention!  Dr. Hawa explained that during a C-Section, muscles, organs, etc are moved around and shifted...it's just the way it has to be during surgery.  While organs figure their way back, muscles may never fully heal, so when a second pregnancy (or third or fourth) occurs the muscles are spread back out, giving you the beached whale look!  Good to know :0)  It can be fixed by surgery, not that I would ever go to surgery for that!  I'm still petrified of the C-Section!

I've started washing clothes, the boppy pillow, sheets, and dusting off baby gear.  It's still a little surreal that we are going to have a new member in the family!  Samuel still doesn't "get it" but everyone assures me that he'll understand once we bring home a screaming baby!  However, Samuel is very fond of my stomach and "sissy."  He uses us as a pillow and rubs my belly and says Hi to Cora!  It's really quite cute!

29-weeks!


30-weeks!



1 comment:

  1. I think you look gorgeous. You could seriously model what a perfect pregnant body is supposed to look like.
    Oh and thanks for the c-section warning. Just when I was starting to maybe consider a possibility of having another one. Ah well, my body is already screwed right? You saw my stomach I'm a plethora of stretch marks. So if you ever want to feel better about your one stretch mark, give me a call I send you an awesome pic of my tiger stripes :)

    ReplyDelete