The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, June 11, 2012

Monster Bags


Samuel and I did a neat activity last month when I was sporting the Cyclops look with my poison ivy, we made a monster bag!  It was super simple (I did it literally with one eye swollen shut and limited vision in the other!)!  It is probably suppose to be more of a Halloween activity, but with a boy around, you can do it anytime!  It's been almost 3 weeks since we made this, and Samuel STILL loves his monster bag!

Just take a ziplock bag (we used sandwich size), some clear hair gel (Eric picked it up for $1 at the dollar store), some googly eyes (I picked up a big bag for $1 at the Dollar Tree), food coloring, and tape.

Put the clear hair gel and food coloring of your choice in the sandwich bag (we selected purple, you can use whatever color you want!).  Throw in some googly eyes (we did about 20!).  Tape the bag shut (we used duct tape for that!!!) And have fun!  

Samuel loved squishing the food coloring around in the bag to make the bag purple, and he LOVED counting the eyes, and making them flip over and getting them to all go to one corner.  We didn't duct tape at first (like as soon as you give the bag to your kid!!!), but lesson learned...we STRONGLY recommend the tape part!!!

It's been several weeks since we made this (oops! I'm so behind!), and Samuel still loves to play with his monster bag! We will definately make it again at Halloween!







1 comment:

  1. I need to pinterest your posts! Cool idea, and thanks for the heads up on the duct tape :)

    ReplyDelete