Most everyone knows that Mothers Day 2012 was a real treat for me...I got Poison Ivy on my right eye (and it then spread down my face, neck, chest, and arms!). Just FYI, I do not recommend Poison Ivy on the eye. It isn't fun...or attractive! Thankfully the poison stopped on my eyelid, and did not spread to the inside of my eye. However, it caused my eyelid to swell, putting pressure on my cornea, and I was unable to see much for about 4 days! Thankfully I had a tiny bit of vision (but not enough to drive, or cook, or clean, or have any fun!).
What I am most thankful for is my family! Eric took me to the doctor...EVERY DAY for 3 days to help me get it under control. He cooked dinner every night. Entertained Samuel. Commiserated with me. He was Husband of the Year.
And sweet Samuel, he was soooooooooooooooooooo good! I guess he understood that Mommy didn't feel good (or he may have noticed I wasn't looking so hot). He was so laid back. The boy who never sits down, happily sat with me for hours on the couch, watching Baby Einstein, playing Kindle, playing Curious George, and willingly visiting his grandparents so I could go the doctor!
After about three days of this boring lifestyle, I found simple activities that didn't require too much hands on activity from me (or vision!), but that kept Samuel well entertained! Are you ready for the deep, dark secret to keep your active 2-year old entertained???
STICKERS!!!!!!
Yep, you read that right! I gave Samuel a piece of paper and several sheets of stickers and he was thrilled! He worked diligently on his sticker art for about a half hour (which in 2-year old terms is a really really long time!). The pack of stickers cost me $1 at Wal-mart. I try to pick up stickers whenever I remember for moments like these!
He really loved doing this simple project, and I loved watching him have some fun since I had been so boring the past few days (the doctor suggested that maybe I shouldn't go outside while my poison ivy was so flared up!) It really was a cute time for me!
Even sweeter, Eric and Samuel surprised me with some amazing smelling lily's! I guess between the lack of vision and the heightened pregnancy sense of smell, the smell of the lily's really stuck out! Even though it wasn't the most fun Mother's Day weekend, I still had a good one! Just being with Samuel made my day...and it didn't hurt that we had dinner from my favorite restaurant (take out since I still wasn't feeling so hot!) and Samuel slept late that morning! Thankfully I'm fully recovered now from the poison ivy epidemic, and I'm even more thankful that Samuel didn't get it!


Samuel you are so good to your mommy! Sleeping in, lily's, and couch snuggle time, kid you are just awesome. Guess you deserved those stickers!
ReplyDelete