The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Rain Rain Go Away

It has been rather rainy here in Maryland over the past month.  I love the rain, but it makes it tricky with a toddler!!!  Samuel just wants to be outside, playing, getting dirty, exploring, so those rainy days are hard for him to understand why we have to stay inside!

I try really hard to do something fun on rainy days, today was a Play-Doh, watching DVDs, and coloring type of day for us.  Sometimes we do crafts.  Sometimes we play with cars.  Sometimes Samuel just likes to chill!  I'm always amazed by these moments.  Samuel is so rarely still, that I really enjoy observing him when he's observing something else!

Since we were just having rain, I opened the front door and screen to let some fresh air in (and I love the sound of rain!).  Samuel just stood fixated by the door watching it rain.  He did this for about 20 minutes!  I asked him what he was looking at and he just said "rain" so I just let him be in peace!  I think we both enjoyed this peaceful moment!  If only I knew what he was thinking or watching!






2 comments:

  1. If you are feeling brave and it is a warm rain,let him out to splash and play in it and the mud. I think one of the best memories I have is of Katherine happily jumping in puddles one afternoon when she was 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this with Lydia the other day, it was an epic fail. Maybe in a year though. I must say though that I am always impressed at your ability to keep up with your toddler and how you continually find fun things for him to do. I give up with Lydia after about 10 minutes, usually on account of biting and temper tantrums.

    ReplyDelete