Samuel has discovered a new summer activity that he LOVES! BERRY PICKING! OK, he doesn't really do much of the picking...he supervises me, and I pick the berries!
Last week I suggested that he help me pick berries so I could make a berry cake! Samuel LOVES being a big helper, so this should have worked out perfect! So after dinner, I handed Samuel a plastic container, and headed to the berry bushes. For the next twenty minutes I picked and picked and picked! I would hand Samuel the berries and go back to picking!
When I was convinced I had enough berries for the cake AND extra for Samuel to eat, I managed my ways through the briar's back to Samuel only to find that my container was completely empty!!!! SOMEONE ate ALL the berries!!!!! It was super cute seeing Samuel stand there with berry stained hands, berries all over his face, and happily smiling and asking for more!
Unfortunately, there were no berries left on the bushes so he was out of luck, and so was I since I wanted to bake a cake! But I couldn't help but smile! It was the perfect evening!!!!
When Samuel says "cheese" he still squints his eyes so he looks like he has his eye's shut for all the pictures!


Lol, how could you even get mad at that face. I too would have just laughed and took a picture. Just so you know I am still mad that I didn't get a taste of the berry cake that you made. Hey I know, mail me a piece ;)
ReplyDelete