The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sandy Snail

My first trimester of being pregnant with Samuel was very difficult for me. I had had a miscarriage the previous year, and with my pregnancy with Samuel, I was placed on bedrest for about 6 weeks. It was tough and scary. I was working full-time as the Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters and trying to finish my social work internship, so being put on bedrest was scary and overwhelming for me...but worth it!!! It gave me a lot of time to think and plan and dream of the little baby that would be Samuel!




We went for our 12-week sonogram, and it showed a strong little baby with a great heartbeat, so I was released from bed rest and resumed life...including YARD SALES!!!!!




My mom and I ventured out to a yard sale when I was visiting Virginia one weekend, and I bought my first real piece of baby gear...Sandy the Snail. As soon as I saw this great rocking snail I knew it had to be mine!!! So a few minutes of haggling and $10 later, the snail was in the car and we were on our way with my prized yard sale find.



A year and a half later, Samuel LOVES the snail. I let him try it out last week and he laughed and played on it. It's now one of his favorites, and i'm so glad!! Sandy has found a great home and buddy with Samuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment