One of the best things about being a stay at home mom is that I am always able to see Samuel grow, change and be happy! I feel I know Samuel better than anyone else. I know the sounds of his cries, his smiles, and his expressions. For me, being a stay at home mom was somewhat of a sacrifice.
I had a job that I loved, I worked with some great people, and, of course, having two paychecks was great!!! But I find it more of a privilege to wake up each day knowing that my job is watching Samuel grow up! And it's amazing! It is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, and for the sacrifices that Eric makes for us I am so thankful! Of course, being a stay at home mom comes with it's challenges and frustrations, however it is all worth it. Not once have I ever wanted to trade places with Eric when he's on his way to work! (sorry Eric...of course, when he call's home and hears Samuel crying, hears of yet another massive diaper incident, or when he comes home to see me with spit up in my hair and barely able to stand up from exhaustion he probably doesn't want to change places with me either!)
Seeing Samuel up to his latest trick was amazing! My cousin was talking about her little girl (who is younger than Samuel) walking and pushing her baby stroller. So I thought to myself, "Wow! That's amazing!" and then I wondered, "Can Samuel do this???" So I pulled out Samuel walk along Lion, and I was in awe as he crawled over to it, pulled himself up and WALKED ALL THE WAY DOWN THE HALL WITH IT! WHAT!!!!!!!!! I was so excited! I then remembered, between the laughter and the tears, to find the video camera (typical mom, I know) to catch his new trick! Of course, the first two times I shot the video he fell and cried! But now Samuel is a pro at walking with his lion! And he is so cute with it!!! Though I want Samuel to stay little forever, I'm also anxious to see my little guy walking...he's going to be so cute!


Yay Sammy!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing .. as much as I want her to stay a baby, I love to see how proud she is of herself when she does this! But I'm not pushing the walking on her own ;)
And I feel like a star being mentioned in your blog, well assuming I'm the cousin your talking about .. haha