The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

11-Months Old


Samuel and I went to Walmart shopping today. This isn't something I do very often...either shopping with Samuel or going to Walmart, but it had to be done. It's almost time for Samuel's first birthday!!!!!!!!!! *GASP* How did this happen??? I have to admit that while in the birthday supply aisle, I got a little weepy when I picked out Samuel's #1 candle for this birthday cake. One second Samuel was my little baby swaddled in my arms and today he's a big handsome boy who loves to smile, clap, play and say Da Da.

Having a 10-month old was awesome! We didn't hit a lot of milestones this month, but instead Samuel just improved on all the ones he can do! Samuel does a crab crawl, where he keeps one leg tucked under him. It is sooooooooo cute. It also allows him to sit up quickly. The boy is quite speedy when it comes to crawling! And because of this he is into EVERYTHING!! From the dog bowls to all of my kitchen cabinets...he'll get into anything that seems interesting.




I've really enjoyed watching Samuel's personality grow over the past month as well. He is so curious. He loves to observe things, figure out how they work and then do it himself!!! Samuel loves to play with tv remotes, the telephone, cell phones, really anything that has buttons that do something. I've tried to trick him with kids versions of cell phones or none working remotes, but he figures it out really quickly and abandons those for the real thing!



Besides having a curious side to him, Samuel is very sweet. He loves to cuddle with me and Eric. And he is very loving to other family members once he gets to know them. One of my favorite things that Samuel has done this month is give hugs! He LOVES to give me hugs and kisses. It is so sweet. Once again, it almost makes me weepy thinking about it! I really really try to cherish every second of Samuel's childhood and give 100% to being a parent. I've heard it hundreds of times...enjoy it, it's over with too quickly, one second he's your baby and the next he'll pretend not to know you. It's scary. I don't want that! The love I have for this little guy is something I cannot even begin to express because there are no words strong enough to express them.

On a less sappy note, Samuel has also perfected the art of pointing. He points to EVERYTHING! And does so with a purpose! When he wants a certain food to eat, when he wants a certain toy, even when he wants Eric to spin the fan, Samuel points. It's a great communication tool and so nice to finally know what Samuel wants.



He's also developed a larger taste palate this month. Besides eating meat from a jar, Samuel LOVES mozzerella string cheese. He's so funny when he wants to eat! He'll smack his lips indicating give him a bite, and when he's finished he rubs his eyes. It's his own form of sign language!

Samuel is such a sweet boy. He is such a joy for us and keeps us laughing, smiling and not sleeping! Who knew being a parent could be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment