I was organizing some recently printed pictures for an upcoming scrapbook night and I happened to notice that the stack of pictures I was going through was from LAST April! I cannot believe the difference a year makes...in EVERYTHING!
Last April Samuel was just 5-months old...he couldn't sit up, he couldn't speak, no crawling, walking or pointing! I wasn't sure if I was going to survive the first year...he barely napped, he was a terrible sleeper, he would scream when I would walk out of the room, and he couldn't handle cereals! We were in the midst of a major house remodel (both inside and outside!). But thankfully we DID survive...and had fun while doing it! That first year though with a baby is tough!
Last April Samuel was just 5-months old...he couldn't sit up, he couldn't speak, no crawling, walking or pointing! I wasn't sure if I was going to survive the first year...he barely napped, he was a terrible sleeper, he would scream when I would walk out of the room, and he couldn't handle cereals! We were in the midst of a major house remodel (both inside and outside!). But thankfully we DID survive...and had fun while doing it! That first year though with a baby is tough!
This was Samuel in April 2010!
A year later, Samuel has grown by leaps and bounds! Laughing, playing, talking, running, and entertaining himself! I took this great picture a couple weekends ago while I was getting ready for church! Samuel happily entertaining himself which allowed me to actually get ready and put on make-up and brush my hair!
Do I miss having a little baby to hold and cuddle all the time? Definitely! A baby is fun, cute, sweet...but it is a lot of work! At 17-months, Samuel is at such a fun age that having a toddler is now FUN A LOT of the time! We still have the occasional meltdown, bad day, and separation anxiety...but those are all overwhelmed by the hugs, sloppy kisses and laughter!
And our house is almost completely finished too! Just a little bit of landscaping outside and the mad search for patio furniture is on...and some trim on the inside!


No comments:
Post a Comment