When Samuel was placed in my arms the first time I knew immediately that I was in for it :0) Samuel looked just like Eric!!!!!!!!! And for the past 17-months I continue to hear how much Samuel and Eric look alike! I do get the occassional, "Samuel has your eyes" or "I can see you in him...some." But for the most part, Samuel looks just like Eric!

It certainly doesn't bother me any that Samuel looks like Eric! I mean, I obviously think Eric is a great guy!!! I couldn't think of anyone better for Samuel to be like! As Samuel has gotten older, it has been even more enjoyable to watch Samuel continue to look like Eric...and act like him!

"Mini Eric", er, I mean Samuel, has a lot of similiar personality traits that Eric has. They are both so funny, very thoughtful, have similiar interest in foods, love the outdoors, and they both love me!

My in-laws tell me stories about Eric's childhood, and I can always see similiar traits in Samuel (and the ones I don't see yet, I keep those in the back of my mind and brace myself for the worst...Eric as a young child cornered his mother and grandmother with a water hose that was on full blast! When threatened with being punished, Eric just kept going...Eric's reasoning: He figured he was already in trouble so he might as well keep having fun!) I may not stand a chance.

Samuel loves to spend time exploring in the woods. If I let him, we would be outside at 7am hiking, exploring, throwing rocks, picking up sticks, touching trees, looking at the creek, playing in a mud puddle, chasing bugs and observing wildlife. This is definately not one of my traits. But apparently, once again, Eric's DNA has trickled down to our son. Eric is an avid outdoorsman. He loves to hunt deer, pick wild berries, look for mushrooms, cut wood, or just go for a walk in the woods. DNA clone. For Eric's birthday this year, Samuel and I got him Big Game Hunter for the Wii. Eric's doesn't play a lot of video games, but I thought it looked like fun and something that he might enjoy.

During Samuel's nap time, we got the game hooked up, figured out how to play it, and then Samuel woke up. Immediately, Samuel was drawn to the game. He sat beside Eric for hours watching him hunt! He even wanted to play with the toy gun (only with strict supervision was this allowed!) But it made me smile as I watched Eric and 17-month old Samuel already sharing their interest in the outdoors and hunting at an early age!

It really is amazing to watch Eric and Samuel together. They are very close. Samuel asks all day for his "da" and is usually waiting by the door with a hug! He also loves it when Eric calls during the day, every time the phone ring he thinks it's his "da" calling. They love to wrestle, hide and chase each other...and watch Blues Clues together. They have their inside jokes and prants...usually their favorite is to scare me: when i'm doing laundry, making dinner, taking a shower, mopping, really any opportunity to hide together and say Boo! (they get me almost every time!) A boy really does need his dad...and I think Eric and Samuel need each other as well :0)
What an awesome opportunity to catch a glimpse of what your husband was like as a child. I think it's cute that they have such a bond with each other. I'm not gonna lie I think it's funny that they pull little pranks on you like scaring you. Just wait, that will get worse, boys are stinkers like that. Lol this coming from the girl that loves to pull pranks on her husband. :)
ReplyDelete