The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Pictures

As a child, I remember my mom always taking us to get our pictures done for holidays...especially Christmas and Easter. As an adult, I love looking back at the pictures of us when we were younger...and so does Samuel! He loves to carry around a picture of me and my siblings from when I was about 11! He loves to point to each of us and I say, that is mommy, this is Aunt Chris and this is Uncle Ricky! It always brings out a big laugh in him!

I was very excited when an opportunity to have Samuel's Easter pictures taken by a professional photographer arose! Samuel hasn't done that great in the past six months with professional pictures. Usually a melt down and pictures of him screaming is what I end up with! So I thought that perhaps a more casual setting would work better for us! Lasting Memories

Photography set up at our local library (a place that Samuel loves!) for Easter and Mother's Day pictures.

Everything went as planned. Samuel took a great long nap before we left for pictures! He looked so cute in his argyle polo sweater and little hat. We showed up early and played at the library...then it came time to take the pictures! WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! NO!! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! The meltdown started...and continued!

The photographer, Stacia, was fantastic and very patient...but Samuel just didn't want anything to do with it! I took him out of the room multiple times: we played happily with books, he chased the librarian around, we even hooked up the DVD player and played Dora DVDs, but nothing would make the munchkin willing to be happy for the camera. Eventually I threw in the flag, and surrendered to another set of photos with Samuel crying.

We arrived home and I brought out my digital camera and Samuel became Hamuel! He was laughing, dancing and smiling for the camera! OF COURSE!

At the time I was slightly frustrated, but we got back our proofs today from Lasting Memories and they just made me so happy. Did Samuel smile? No. Is he clinging to me and crying in the pictures? Yes. But I look at the pictures and just smile because that is just so Samuel!

I have a huge picture (16x20) that I won of Samuel crying for his 1-year photos hanging in my hallway, and now I'm eager to add to the collection another picture of the latest tearful photo shoot. These pictures will hang in my hallway FOREVER so that every time Samuel brings a girlfriend over I'm going to proudly display what a funny kid Samuel really is...and also to remind me of all the joy and frustrations that motherhood brings! When I look at the pictures of Samuel clinging to me, I just smile...it really is the perfect picture! It really does define motherhood for me...Samuel is a clinger and loves to hold on to me. And there I sit just smiling away! Counting down the days until Samuel's next photos!

Pictures that I took at home AFTER the photo shoot!










These are the pictures from Lasting Memories photo shoot! Even with Samuel crying...AMAZING!



1 comment:

  1. Wow the last picture is amazing! I love your attitude about the pictures. I know I'm not a mom quite yet but I truly believe that being able to just accept the imperfections and even at times enjoy them is what makes a good mom. Besides you'll get your revenge. Later Samuel will hate those pictures and you'll get to make him squirm about them. Ah sweet revenge.

    ReplyDelete