As I had mentioned in my past two postings, Thanksgiving was amazing! One of my favorite things was a visit from my brother and his fiancee! I know I'm biased, but it's always great to see family...especially around the holidays!!!
Samuel is a little bit on the "I love mommy and only want to be with her" side of things right now...which is sweet, except when someone wants to hold him, play with him, or even look at him! I was a bit nervous with our steady stream of visitors and guests over the weekend, I just wasn't sure how Samuel would react. At his birthday party, he just clung to me and cried, I was hoping to avoid that for Thanksgiving...and we did!
Samuel played wonderfully with his grandparents, cousins and aunts and uncles. However, our real breakthrough came this morning when we had a "situation" in the garage that needed my attention and the assistance of my brother (to avoid the smelly details, our dear dog found a couple of unmanned trash bags with turkey remains and dirty diapers...yeek!). So I asked Mandy to brave the storm, and entertain Samuel while we did damage control.
Samuel had warmed up to Mandy and Ricky the night before, but he wasn't 100%. However, Eric taught them a few tricks of the trade, and while I was cleaning up the gracious gift that Peso left for me in the garage, Mandy and Samuel bonded! For at least 20 minutes he didn't cry, fuss, or squirm. And when I came back upstairs, while he was happy to see me, he was still very willing to go back to Mandy and even RICKY!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAY! I even dressed Samuel like his Uncle Ricky...it was super cute and sweet!
Samuel spent the morning in church snoozing on Mandy and being passed back and forth between me and Mandy! It was a Thanksgiving Miracle!
Of course, the secret that Eric taught everyone the night before doesn't hurt either. Turns out, Samuel is a BIG BIG fan of the music group AC/DC. As long as the music video, Thunderstruck, is playing he is a happy happy camper. It even causes him to bond! No joke. Ricky came upstairs to check on the two of them (because it was VERY quiet), and Mandy was on the 3rd round of Thunderstruck and reading Samuel his favorite story, Daddy Hugs. AMAZING!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what Christmas brings since we will be spending it with my family in Virginia! In the meantime, I am going to proudly let Samuel wear his AC/DC onesie (which I thankfully bought in 2 sizes!) and plan on downloading Thunderstruck first thing tomorrow morning so we are never without the song! Oh, and if anyone is wondering how I got such great pictures of Ricky, Mandy and Samuel (pictures are very difficult with a 1-year old), it's because we were singing and dancing to Thunderstruck!


LOL, I love that his favorite song is a heavy metal song! Wait, not only is favorite song but the song that keeps him calm and/or social. Kids are so crazy and yet so stinking cute!
ReplyDeletePoor Peso, we had a very similar scenario a few months ago and it too was not pretty. I hope that your puppy is feeling better, both for yours and the pooches sake.