Samuel's new ride!
He LOVES his horse!
Rocking...and rocking and some more rocking!
It is amazing how quickly time goes when you have a child. I distinctly remember June 27, 2009. I was suppose to work that weekend on a bus trip to Washington DC with my job, but because of some problems I had with my pregnancy, my doctor wasn't overly gung-ho on me traveling long distances..."just in case" is how they put it.
So my parents and siblings came up for the weekend. My dad and brother went on the bus trip in my place, and my mom and sister stayed to help me with a few things around the house.
So my parents and siblings came up for the weekend. My dad and brother went on the bus trip in my place, and my mom and sister stayed to help me with a few things around the house.
Mom, Eric and I spent the morning looking for baby stuff at local yard sales. We came across one in Midland where an older gentleman was selling a wooden rocking horse. First, we didn't need a wooden rocking horse...we already had a rocking snail and a Radio Flyer horse. But Eric is a sucker for wooden toys and for toys that needed refinishing, and all I could think of was my baby boy enjoying his very own wooden rocking horse, so after some hesitation, we purchased the wooden rocking horse for $4.00. (I know, a great deal!)
Eric refinished it, I polished it, and last week we watched our sweet Samuel enjoy the ride of his life on this big old horse! Samuel loves the wooden horse, and despite it being too big for our house, kind of bulky, and not overly child friendly, Samuel LOVES to play on it and with it, so it looks like it is here to stay!


No comments:
Post a Comment