The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving from our Little Turkey!



It's amazing how different this Thanksgiving has been from last Thanksgiving. This time last year I felt marooned to the couch, breastfeeding Samuel for hours and hours and hours on end. Samuel hit a growth spurt last Thanksgiving, and Eric literally fed me turkey and stuffing and we were exhausted!

Fast forward a year, we are still exhausted...and unfortunately I've spent most of this Thanksgiving sitting on the couch with a teething little boy (3 teeth are coming in!!!), but we are a world away from last Thanksgiving!





This year we had Eric's parent join us for Thanksgiving. Tomorrow night we are expecting the rest of Eric's family here for leftovers! Eric is the king of the kitchen and made our turkey, potatoes, and got everything together to serve! It was delicious! Big THANKS to Eric!



When Samuel wasn't sitting on my lap, Samuel played with his grandparents. He showed off his new dancing skills, practiced his cruising and went through a ton of books!

*Proud mommy moment with bragging* Samuel even showed his grandparents his bunny book skills, when I say, the bunny's tail is woolly, Samuel touches the tail! And when I say that bunny's paws are rough, he touches the paws! So proud! Of course, I've read the book to him about a thousand times, but still proud!




Samuel enjoyed some sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie...he REALLY enjoyed the pumpkin pie!!! I have so much to be thankful for, and believe that even though we weren't with my family this year, that I have a cranky teething little guy, and that I didn't really get to do too much to help out this year, this is my best Thanksgiving yet! Especially when I have so much to be thankful for!





Just a few pictures of my dining room before Thanksgiving Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment