I finally decided that I needed to get over the fact that my children out number me...and leave the house on my own further than MOPS or church. So one cool, crisp, Thursday morning, I gathered everything I thought I could possibly need for a day out (imagine bags and bags and bags of stuff!). Loaded up the SUV, the kids, and myself...and headed for a fun filled at Brookdale Farms!
The YMCA Family Center planned a day out, so it was a great chance to catch up with friends and having some fall fun!
Brookdale Farms was really terrific! Samuel and I had a blast with all the activities they offered! We started at the petting zoo! Samuel ooooed and awwwed at all the animals that they had on display! Samuel loves animals and was in heaven when he found out he could pet them!
Cora spent the time napping...she actually napped the entire time we were there except when I fed her! It was soooooooooooooo impressive. Thank you Cora for being such a content baby!
After the petting zoo, we hit up the corn maze! It was simple and fun! The corn maze is HUGE, but since we were a group who had toddlers, we just did a few turns before we came back out!
And the girl in the picture is calling for her kid to hurry up, she isn't glaring at us despite what people think :0)
After the corn maze, we had free play on all the playground equipment! It was so much fun! Samuel loved all the slides and the trampoline!
After the playground, we had a picnic lunch at the farm.
Here is Cora ready to eat!
The last activity was corn painting! This was Samuel's absolute favorite!!! Samuel LOVES art anyway, so he made sure EVERY SINGLE CORN KERNEL was covered in paint...we were the last to leave this station! He had so much fun painting!
I even dressed Cora up in her pumpkin outfit for the outing...but it was a bit too cool to let her out of her snowsuit! So instead, I brought her home and snapped some super cute pictures of our little pumpkin!
After all that fun, both kids fell asleep before we even got on the road to go home! I love that Samuel's at the age where we can enjoy and participate in activities! We had such a great day!


They had a trampoline?! How awesome is that! Sounds like a fun trip, I'm glad that you were able to take that brave step out and that it didn't turn into something that made you run back home and lock your door, swearing to yourself that you would never again venture out. It really is funny how we stress so much about these things and they usually work out for the best. I also want to add that I saw you take both your kids to the store and out to eat and thought that you handled it like a pro. If I recall at Chik filet my child was the one flailing about and causing a scene while your two children were perfect angels.
ReplyDelete