I wonder frequently how bored Samuel is...I feel our life is rather mundane. Because Barton is so far from things (it takes me at least 25 minutes to get to the mall, Kohls, Walmart, etc), we don't go out often...but, I really do try to make life somewhat entertaining for us!
So one day I decided to take pictures of what we do all day...and after reviewing them, maybe life isn't too bad for a 2-year old!
After spending some time on the couch drinking chocolate milk and watching TV, I get Samuel situated at the table to play Play Doh while I get breakfast together for us! Yep, breakfast is served and we do play doh all at once...it's the best way to get Samuel to eat breakfast! Distraction really is key!
Cora spends her time supervising us!
I try to do a fun activity each day...something new, or educational, or different. Pinterest has been key in helping me out with that! Sometimes it's something simple like going for a walk and picking up leaves, sometimes it is a more complicated art project! I find it fun...Samuel sometimes and sometime doesn't :0/
This activity was a hit though! Simple, quick, and easy to clean up!
Get canning jars
Fill each jar with different levels of water
Put a couple drops of food coloring in each jar
Give your kid a spoon, and let them bang away!
It really does make a neat sound! Samuel loved this activity and was as happy as a clam banging away and singing while I nursed Cora!
After lunch we usually do free play so I can do laundry, get dinner together, and do whatever other chores that needs done! I usually feel guilty that Samuel is left on his own...but the older he gets, the more I realize it is really important for him to have time away from me too! I love watching his creative side come out and listen to him play! Trains are his FAVORITE!
He built this track himself! I am so proud of him! The speech therapist is convinced he's going to be an architect or engineer! Samuel is a lot like Eric, he can just see things and figured out how things work so easily!
Then we do a little bit of afternoon vegging while I feed Cora and finish up chores...Baby Einstein is a favorite with Samuel!
Cora loves vegging time too! She spends it laughing and cooing!
Then when Eric gets home, Samuel usually tries on his shoes and spends some time with daddy so I can finish up anything I need to!
So we live a pretty simple life, but we love it! Nothing complex or complicated...well, unless you count having 2 kids under the age of 3 as complex and complicated (which I do on most days!).


Sounds like a pretty awesome day to me! Trains, trying on shoes, walks, leaf collecting. Yep, I think it sounds like a blast!
ReplyDelete