The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Boy and his Bench

Eric spent the weekend recovering from being sick, so I tried to keep things quiet around here so Eric could get some rest. Samuel and I "sacrificed" our Saturday morning and went to yard sales! It was a tough morning for me and the Samster...sweet tea from McDonalds for me, Ritz Crackers for him, and a whole lot of bargains!

At our very first stop I got Samuel a big bag of clothes for $7! It included 2 new pairs of pajamas he can wear next winter and some cute Gymboree clothes! I love Gymboree, but just can't afford it...unless it comes from a yard sale! I also found some cute girls clothes for one of my friends...a dress and a pair of shoes for .50! Then to top it off, the neighbor was having a yard sale and they gave me some Dr. Seuss books for free and an old piano hymnal from the 1940s! I got a cute primitive lamp there, berry swags, and a wreath for just a few dollars!

After several more stops (and a trip to the market to get some gatorade and fruit for Eric), we found one of my favorite pieces of the day! A cute little wooden bench that rocks! I got it for just $2! I wasn't sure Samuel would like it...but when I brought it in the house and wiped it down, Samuel was drawn to it immediately! He loves to rock...and this was just his size! He spent the next half hour watching tv with Eric while I finished up some chores! I hope to get it painted, but for now it's just perfect for Samuel! It is sturdy, doesn't turn over, and Samuel can sit in it easily! I love a good yard sale!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment