I have my list of items I'm on the prowl for this yard sale year: 2T clothes for Samuel, outdoor play toys, Dora and Blues Clues stuff, Dr. Seuss books, and wooden toys. I'm also on the prowl for old items for my house. Eric's list is always the same: tools and hunting stuff. The list seems a little lopsided doesn't it??? All Samuel, very little mommy!
Last weekend Eric had to do some chores around the house, so Samuel and I tackled the yard sales on our own! We started off at a community yard sale in Barton...and Samuel made out like a bandit! We got two Melissa and Doug puzzle cars, a Diego backpack, 3 Leap Frog refrigerator talking toys, and this push toy that Samuel insisted on having. I wouldn't have normally bought the push toy...but Samuel was enamoured by it...plus when I tried to put it back, he threw a fit and ran off with it. So a little haggling and $2 later it is now Samuel's most absolute favorite toy. He insisted on holding it while I was driving to the next sale and he fell asleep holding it! I would have given anything for my camera!!! Oh well, I have had ample opportunities to take other pictures with him and the toy since it goes EVERYWHERE we do!!! I didn't even bother putting bubbles in it since he loves to swing it around and drag it down the mountain!
Oh well, Samuel makes an awesome yard sale buddy...he's up early, he never complains about how many stops we are making, he always says Yes when I ask if I should buy something, and I can buy him off usually with an animal crackers when he gets cranky! Doesn't get much better than that!


No comments:
Post a Comment