The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Little Painter

A moment of honesty here...it has been a bit tricky to learn how to be a mom of two.  In fact, 4 weeks into it, I have my good days and I have my not so good days (yep, mainly days like that).  At this point with breastfeeding, diaper changes, and just the general needs of a newborn, Cora needs a lot of attention.  So far, we've gone through a couple rounds of cluster feedings, times when we are up half the night nursing so I need sleep in the day time, recovering from a C-Section, going to a million doctors appointments, and I am at a loss as to when to get the house cleaned.  I also have a continuous cloud of guilt hanging over my head, because I haven't been able to be there for Samuel as much as before.  I'm so thankful Eric has been home to help pick up the slack! 
 
Since Eric can't feed Cora, he's picked up cooking, cleaning, and entertaining the Samster for me!  However, the guilt is still there, and I WANT to do as much as possible with my favorite little guy!  Thankfully, I had some moments of clarity before Cora was born and stocked up on a bunch of art supplies!  Samuel loves art...and I'm awful at it!  So it's has been so much fun! 
 
I try to do something with Samuel each morning!  Sometimes I pull out paint, play doh, markers, crayons, stickers, glue, and whatever else I can find that might be fun to make something with!  Mommy and Samuel time is always interesting! 
 
I found these great paint brushes at Ollies for just $1.99!  The paint is already inside, it's washable, and all your kiddo has to do is squeeze!  Brilliant!  So even if I am nursing, we can still do paint projects!
 


 
 
So while the whole family is adjusting to the new "normal", we have TONS of great artwork displayed on our fridge now!  And hopefully, I'll get things figured out soon how to be a mommy to two without the guilt!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that you are doing better than you give yourself credit for. Though I do get the whole mommy guilt thing. I only have one and I often wonder if I'm doing enough with her and spending enough time playing or interacting with her, which is hilarious because she is never even alone. It's funny how easily we get sucked into mommy guilt isn't it? I'm sure you are rocking it up and that Samuel knows he is loved. I even have a feeling that he doesn't notice the change in the amount of time you spend with him as much as you do (though I am willing to admit the strong possibility of me being wrong). I find myself that I over worry for things that I think are absolutes that later end up being a minor irritation for Lydia (plane trip anyone?).

    ReplyDelete