The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sleepy Cora!

It has been such a strange concept to me...but Cora is a sleeper!!!!  I'm almost scared to write it, say it out loud, and when people ask how she is sleeping, well, I almost change the subject because I'm scared I'm going to jinx myself! 
 
However, I figure I might as well go ahead and put it on my blog...evidence that one of my children does indeed sleep!  At first, I thought there was something wrong with her...why does she sleep so much?  How can she sleep through Samuel's loudness? How can she sleep anywhere???  But apparently this is how newborns are "suppose" to act!  I had no idea!  Samuel was a much more demanding newborn!  He rarely slept, and would do so only if we held him! Not Cora!  She's so laid back and easy going!!!
 
See!  Look at how chill she is!  Just hanging out with her momma! (I love this picture!  How funny is this kid?!)
 
By the way, these pictures were taken over a two week period...you can see how she changes her looks so quickly!!!!
 
 
Even weeks later, Cora is still a sleeper. While she prefers to be held during her daytime naps, she will happily sleep in her swing during the day (seriously, I think she likes how noisy it is!  Samuel will play right beside of her and sleeps right through it, but if it's quiet she wakes up immediately!!!)
 
Right now she gets me up 2-3 times a night to nurse.  Which is great with me!!!  Samuel would sometimes wake me up 8-10 times a night to nurse!
 

 
If we go somewhere, we can usually count on Cora to fuss for a few minutes before she is exhausted and sleeps the rest of the trip!
 
 
She likes being wrapped up in a blanket.  And at night sleeps in a Cozy Cocoon...which is the worlds best invention and what I am purchasing for all my friends baby showers from here on out! 
 

 
 
I don't know how long the sleeping thing is going to last, but I'm enjoying it while I can!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you just forget how little they are when they first come out. It's so crazy. She looks cute in all of her pictures but the first one is hands down my favorite of them all. She seriously looks like she's just chillin like a villian. So cute!
    We had a sleep sack, swaddle blanket thing with Lydia and it was the best thing ever. It was the only reason I was even able to put her down for the 20 minute sleep sessions she would have.
    While I know that she is waking up more now than she was last week and that you are having to do marathon feeding, I am still glad that you were at least able to get more sleep during the whole recovery phase (I do realize you are not done yet). I sincerely hope that this is all just a phase and that soon she will be back to loving sleep :).

    ReplyDelete