Samuel takes every opportunity he can to love on Cora! It is seriously the sweetest thing, and almost puts me in tears every time I see him leaning in to kiss her!!! Samuel is such a sweet and loving little guy, and I am so proud of how sweet and loving he is to his sister (I can only hope it stays this way for a long time!) I was definitely worried about jealousy, but thankfully Samuel shows no jealousy towards her!!!
However, we are working on his jealousy towards me and nursing Cora :0/ Every time I sit down to nurse, Samuel gets really upset. We are at a loss at this point as to what to do: we've talked to him, let him sit with me, distracted him, let him hold the boppy pillow, and ignoring his behavior...but nothing seems to work :0/ I've read in parenting books that when a new sibling is introduced that back slides are common...and that is exactly what we are experiencing! Samuel has returned to pinching, scratching, and biting! It is so frustrating! Between Cora and his speech delay, we think Samuel is just overly frustrated. This week I'm going to pump enough milk to let him do a few bottles and see if that helps how he feels.
In the meantime, I'm just so thankful that Samuel loves Cora so much! We were in the car, and Cora was crying. Samuel reached over and just held her hand! It was so sweet...especially when she stopped crying! It's moments like those that make the exhausting and frustrating moments just melt away! I'm so thankful for such a sweet little guy!


No comments:
Post a Comment