The Blog of a First Time Momma

The Blog of a First Time Momma

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Momma Needs a Break!

I LOVE being a mommy. The whole mothering experience is better than I ever thought it would be! I love it all: the smiles, the giggles, the endless games of peek-a-boo, the re-reading of the Foot Book 20 times a day, the bath's, the hugs, the sloppy kisses, the sticky hands, the sweet smell of Samuel's hair when he gets out of the bath, baby clothes, even diaper changes. LOVE IT ALL.


However, every mom out there (whether they admit it or not) needs AND deserves a break. Being a stay-at-home mom, my breaks are few and far between. But I know I can always count on Eric to give me at least 20 sweet, precious minutes of peace...to shower, to do a chore I need to do, to read a book, to write a new post, send an e-mail, sort some pictures, whatever. (by the way, 20 minutes is Samuel's threshold...Eric would watch Samuel longer, but after about 20 minutes he starts wondering where I am and will pound on the bathroom door and scream bloody murder until I emerge, in which he will then give me a HUGE grin.)


However, I often hear Eric and Samuel having fun while i'm on my break and often times wander back in so I don't miss out on the fun! These are a few pictures I took of the boys on New Years Eve. I don't even know what they were doing, but it was a good time (obviously!) It really does a mom's heart good to see her son and his father having so much fun together!




No comments:

Post a Comment