Samuel has gotten very active over the past month! He'll cruise on ANYTHING, and uses all of his toys and any box he can find as a walker! He will let go and walk a few steps to me, but still prefers crawling!!!! Oh well, he comes from a family of late walkers! I'm enjoying the crawling anyway...there is just something cute about watching the little guy crawl down the hall.
Samuel has also became much more communicative! He "talks" his own jargon all the time! It is so sweet! He will talk to the dog, to us, and his toys. He looks soooooooo serious when he talks. We've had many good conversations about very deep topics!
He also now responds with a head shake, yes or no, to most questions. Are you hungry? Are you thirsty? Are you tired? It's GREAT knowing what he wants!!! A relief even! When he's ready to nurse, he drags the boppy over to me and smacks his lips! What a funny kid!
Samuel has also became much more independent over the past month...it's bittersweet. I didn't get a lot done before, and now that he plays on his own I do get so much more done! Housework, sewing, scrapbooking, catching up with friends on facebook! It's amazing. But I also know that it's a sign that Samuel is growing up, which I'm happy and thankful for, but still a little sad.
Samuel is slowly becoming more friendly towards others. You wouldn't have guessed that by his behavior at Christmas when he clung to me for four days straight. But he really is starting to warm up to other people, which I also know is a great thing...maybe Eric and I will have a date sometime in the next 6 months!!!
Samuel had a great 2nd Christmas, and was showered with toys, gifts, and love. He was on his behavior in the car, and is getting much better with traveling!
I really love having a 14-month old. I see his great personality more and more with each day. He is such a sweet boy, and I am so thankful for a cuddler! He showers me with hugs and kisses! And will give hugs to others...sometimes. He also learned how to blow kisses!
Samuel still LOVES to dance and listen to music. He will dance to ANY music he hears: radio, cd, toys even commericals! His favorite toys are still books and my tupperware. Samuel will sit and look through all his books, over and over and over and over and over again! His most favorite book right now is the Foot Book...20x a day at minimum! He also expects Eric to watch music videos with him each evening when Eric gets home from work. They have a set order for music, and Samuel isn't very tolerant to trying to new music. His favorite band is AC/DC and favorite song is Thunderstruck, we listen to this song many many many times a day (yep, not even joking.) He will also tolerate Skillet and Linkin Park. He does not like Hip Hop or slow songs.
Samuel now has 4 teeth, with a few more under the gums! He looks so cute with his teeth! He hasn't bit anyone yet either! Thank goodness! He is such a good boy, and doesn't really get into much trouble!
What a blessing a 14-month old is! Samuel brings many joys and laughter to our house every day...even as I am typing, I love hearing him walk around with his lion and talking to the dogs. It's a great sound! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up, but we are loving every minute of it!


No comments:
Post a Comment